Ellie’s Fine Resale Consignment Policies
Thank you for partnering with Ellie’s Fine Resale (Ellie’s) for your consignment needs. We will work to get the most for your best within the allotted 90-day agreement. To allow for the finest selections for our shoppers and the greatest commissions for our consignors, we have designed the following policies:
- All items (clothing, shoes, purses, scarves, hats and accessories) for consideration must be in gently-used or like-new condition. Please make sure items are free of wrinkles, odors (this includes body odor and cigarette smoke), stains, pet hair, damage (rips, tears, fading, pilling, missing buttons or baubles). Clothing, except for sweaters, must be on hangers – sweaters may be neatly folded in a bin (hangers will be returned). No plastic/garbage bags.
- We do not limit the number of items you can bring in at a time; however, the more you bring in, the longer it will take to get through each bundle so, we ask for your patience during this process. Consignors will need to allot for the time needed to go through items. In most cases, should a Consignor choose to leave before all clothing is reviewed, Consignor forfeits all items not selected for sale and items will be donated to a Waynesville area charity.
- The choice to accept some items over others is a business decision so, please do not get upset if some or none of your items are not accepted.
- The Staff of Ellie’s is responsible for all pricing and reductions, when appropriate, of all inventories based on condition, brand, style and demand. You are encouraged to share original price of items, if known, at the time of intake.
- Ellie’s/Consignor split is 60/40 on all clothing, shoes and accessories. Ellie’s/Consignor split is 50/50 for fine handbags (Coach, Dooney & Bourke, Brahmin, etc.).
- Monies earned from sales are available immediately for store credit. Consignor payouts are available on or after the 3rd of each month for the balance of the previous month. Consignor may choose to leave the credit in place to roll over to the next month. Checks will be issued for $25 and higher and can be picked up at Ellie’s (162 N. Main Street, Waynesville, NC 28786) or mailed. It is up to the Consignor to alert the Staff at Ellie’s if the check is to be mailed – otherwise, it is assumed the Consignor will pick it up in person.
- The Staff at Ellie’s Fine Resale will do our best to safeguard your items; however, Ellie’s Fine Resale will not be responsible for loss or damage of consignor’s merchandise.
- Your items will be on the sales floor for 90 days – guaranteed. If you would like to take unsold items back, you must do so prior to day 90 so, please mark your calendar so you can contact an Ellie’s representative to discuss. Your start date is the date we price your items and can be found online by accessing your account (login information provided at drop-off). If you choose not to pick up items prior to day 90, the inventory becomes the property of Ellie’s Fine Resale and will eventually be donated to worthy charities in the Waynesville area. Exceptions for fine handbags and furs can be discussed.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND PRINT OUT THE CONSIGNOR AGREEMENT. Then sign it and bring it in to the store when you bring your first batch of items for consignment.